GGI is an Approved Factory Fabricator of OPACI-COAT-300® ideal for spandrel glass applications and wall-cladding. Spandrel is an opaque glass solution designed for non-vision applications. Manufactured by ICD High Performance Coatings + Chemistries, this environmentally friendly water-based silicone coating is typically used on the building façade to obscure the view of mechanical systems, insulation, slab ends and other unsightly construction components.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- GGI is a trained & certified fabricator
- Virtually unlimited opaque color palette
- Formulated for spandrel & wall-cladding
- For use in building facades and interiors
- Custom color matching & batch consistency
- Environmentally friendly lead-free paint
- Ultra-low volatile organic compounds (VOC’s)
- Fallout resistance on fully tempered glass if applied at 13 mils
- Can be applied on any glass type, annealed, or heat-treated
- Does not weaken tempered or heat-strengthened glass
- Can be used monolithically, or as part of an IGU
- Spandrel glass is designed for non-vision areas
STANDARD COLOR OPTIONS
GGI offers OPACI-COAT-300® in 16 Standard colors that are widely used in the glass industry, plus an endless array of custom colors ideal for full-flood applications. Feel free to contact us for design assistance.
CUSTOM COLOR OPTIONS
GGI is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council in support of sustainable building design and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes.